1973-1987 GMC/Chevy 1/2 & 3/4 Ton Shackle Flip
Shackle Flip Kit for 1973-1987 1/2 Ton and 3/4 Ton GM Trucks
*Also includes 1988-1991 K5 Blazers and Suburbans
This shackle flip kit can give you 5" of lift with 5" shackles, and 5.5" of lift with 6" shackles. This kit will allow you to lift the rear of your truck, without sacrificing the ride quality, or payload capability. It also helps stop axle wrap by eliminating the need for rear blocks when lifting your truck. These brackets can also be used with lift springs, in order to achieve a taller lift.
The installation of this kit requires the use of some basic tools. You will need to be able to support the rear of the truck with a lift or jack stands while you remove the old shackle hangers. Simply grind, chisel, or plasma cut the old rivets off your stock hangers. Chase the rivet holes in your frame with a 7/16" drill bit. Then bolt the new hanger onto the truck with the supplied hardware. Kit comes in raw steel form. Please paint before installation.
(2) shackle hangers (Bare Steel)
(8) 7/16" grade 8 bolts, washers and nylocks to attach the hanger to the frame of the truck.
(2) sets of 3/8" shackles of your choice,
(4) bushings and two inner sleeves,
(4) 9/16" x 5" Grade 8 shackle bolts, washers and nylocks (not pictured)
MADE IN THE USA!
Caution: This shackle flip kit will change the pinion angle. You may need to shim your rear leaf springs in order to achieve proper driveline geometry.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 73.0 lbs.
- W15.0000” x H8.0000” x L108.0000”